Queues help you to organize, prioritize, and monitor the progress of you work. Queues are containers used to store anything that needs to be completed or requires an action such as a task or closing a case.
By default, a queue is created for each user and team in Dynamics 365. You can use this default queue to track all your work items, or you can se up queues to reflect your organizations structure, business process or both.
You can create two different types of queues:
- Public queues: Create public queues to let everyone in the organization view the queue and all the items it contains.
- Private queues: Create private queues with limited set of members to help those members easily view the queue items in that queue. Private queues help streamline queue items and remove clutter for other user’s views.
A Triage queue can be handy to handle requests that come in from various sources, such as email and the portal. In this public queue members support agents can grab cases that have not been routed to other queues automatically.
To create a queue, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Support Management area of SuccessStack and select Queues from the left hand menu.
- Click the +New button to create a new queue
- Name the queue. In this example, we’ll call it Triage.
- Select the Type (Public or Private)
- Give it a description.
- Optional – If you want to associate an email address with this queue, you can enter the email address in the Incoming Email field. (See Routing Rules and Emailing a Support Case)
- Save the Queue
Your new Queue is now created named Triage. Items will not automatically be sent to this queue until routing rules are created, which is discussed in Routing Rules and Emailing a Support Case.